School lunches - when are they FREE?
There are two reasons for children to receive a FREE LUNCH.
1. All infants, in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 receive a free lunch here.
2. Families where incomes are low can claim a free lunch. (In St. Mary's, you should always claim free lunches, if your income is low enough. This will also entitle you to free uniform and free trips, including residentials to Kingswood and Spain!)
Where to find help /how to claim;
- Telephone: 0300 123 8123 - If you apply by phone your entitlement can be confirmed straight away.
- Email: email@example.com .
- website :www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
If successful, your claim will be processed the same day. A letter of entitlement will be issued to you by the Council.
Claims cannot be backdated. Your claim will be renewed automatically, as they are periodically reviewed.
AGAIN, IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM FREE SCHOOL MEALS, DUE TO YOUR INCOME.....IN OUR SCHOOL, THAT MEANS YOU ALSO GET FREE UNIFORM, FREE DAY TRIPS AND FREE RESIDENTIALS TOO! SO MAKE SURE YOU CLAIM FREE SCHOOL MEALS!
Do I qualify for free school meals?
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
- Telephone: 0300 123 8123.