Mission, Aims & Values
Children, staff, governors and parents all helped to create our succinct, all encompassing mission statement. We love its simplicity.
We can all remember it and use it daily to guide us in our shared vision.
Our fantastic sign language club have helped us all to express our Mission Statement using Makaton.
Our aims can be summarised as:
- We try to follow in Jesus' footsteps in all we do.
- We strive to be a safe, healthy and welcoming Catholic community.
- We value and appreciate contributions from everyone.
- Every child is included, every person is special and every achievement is celebrated.
- Every child is challenged and supported to be the best that God created them to be.
The core Religious Education scheme in our school is 'The Way, the Truth and The Life'. Our Bishop, Mark Davies sets the expectations for Religious Education in the Diocese. This is articulated through his Vision Statement on Education, which was consulted upon, with all governors. The R.E. Scheme and its values are certainly lived out daily, in how we interact with each other in school, how we interact with our parish and with our wider community.
Extra curricular learning about other faiths enhances our knowledge of community and world issues. We work with CAFOD as part of our wider global learning, and we enjoy learning about other faiths and cultures in the broader learning experiences of our curriculum.