Ofsted and CSI RE reports.
Ofsted Report - September 2019
"Pupils in this school really enjoy their education....lessons are interesting and full of fun"
"Staff skilfully teach what leaders expect in every subject....all pupils reach their full potential"
"Pupils' personal development is OUTSTANDING"
"Pupils know that the school keeps them safe. Pupils told us that there is no bullying in their school."
"Teachers and teaching assistants are highly skilled...pupils work hard and behave well because teachers expect them to."
"Pupils with special needs and disadvantaged pupils have the help they need to achieve their best"
Catholic Schools Inspectorate Report - May 2023
- The mission statement is a living reality permeating the WHOLE school
- There is a real sense of team-working, in which EVERYONE is valued, this is at the core of all relationships at St Mary's.
- There is a vibrant learning environment both inside and outside the school and this reflects the pride taken by all
- Leadership is passionate, supportive and ambitious for all
- There is a palpable sense of welcome here
- Pupil behaviour is exemplary
- All staff and governors are exemplary role models
- Pastoral care is an outstanding feature of this school
- Staff speak movingly about how they are supported by the leadership team
- The senior leadership team is outstanding. It combines the vision and deep religious understanding of the headteacher with the considerable skills of the RE Lead and Deputy Head.
- All pupils make at least good progress here
- Behaviour in all lessons is outstanding
- Work in pupils' books and related artwork is outstanding and reflects the pride and joy pupils take in their work
- All teachers show good RE knowledge, pupils' thinking and discerning skills are effectively developed
- The teaching staff form a VERY EFFECTIVE team, drawing on strengths from each other
- Support staff are VERY EFFECTIVE in their roles
- Prayer and Liturgy are the thread binding together the Catholic ethos here.
- Weekly Gospel assemblies exemplify opportunities to open up the Word of God. Pupils describe this as a way "to get to know Jesus more"
- Leaders are exemplary in the way they ensure prayer and liturgy are central to the life of the school.
- Pupils know their voice is heard
- Parents speak overwhelmingly in their support of the school
CLICK BELOW TO READ THESE SUPERB REPORTS!